- To come alongside God’s precious senior saints in a spirit of love, comfort, and encouragement (2 Cor. 1:4b; John 15:12).
- To evangelize the lost (2 Peter 3:9; Matt. 28:19, 20).
- To preach the Word to equip the saints with the word of God for life and godliness (Rom 1:16; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17).
What We Want to Accomplish
- To meet seniors where they are in their life.
- To identify their needs and wants and respond with the Gospel of Christ.
- To make them feel like they are part of the community of Christ and not alone.
- To assure them that they are loved and accepted (John 3:16).
How You Can Plug In
- Join us in chapel services at Oakdale Heights, Cloisters, and Garden Cottage.
- Visitations: Have an extra moment? Visit a shut-in or someone sick.
- Phone ministry: Share a minute or two and call to encourage someone.
- Shepherding Fellowship: If not involved, join ours on Thursday nights in our home at 6:30 p.m.
- Prayer: Prayer is the foundation and strength of this ministry. As you think of us, lift us up to the God of all prayer and ask for His grace and power to be on every aspect of what we have been called to do.
- We believe that everyone is important and has great value in God’s eyes (John 10:10; Jer. 29:11-13).
- We believe that everyone should be shown the love of Christ through action and commitment (John 3:16; James 1:22).
- We believe that only through faith, trusting in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, can a person experience the spiritual life that God has for them (Eph. 2:8, 9; John 3).
- We believe that through the inspired scriptures, we have all we need for life and godliness (2 Tim. 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:3).
- We believe that God is able to meet all of our needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Phil.4:19).
- Oakdale Heights: services every Friday at 10:30 AM
- Cottage House: Bible Study every Tuesday at 1:30 PM
- County Mental Health: services on the 1st Sunday of every month at 3:45 PM
- Thursday night Bible Study at the Benthins’ (7:00-9:00 PM)
In addition to the above ministries, there are weekly hospital and skilled nursing facility visitations.